about     shop     contact         

Friday, August 8, 2014

Organza Midi Skirt + DvF Bethany Shoe Review

LEATHER_6
LEATHER_5
LEATHER_1
Leather Top + Midi Skirt
Faux Leather Top (similar BCBG)
Organza Skirt c/c Posh in Plum
DvF Pumps
Fendi Bag (love this Rachel Ruddick bag)

For those of you who have followed Corporate Catwalk for a while, you've probably realized that I love midi skirts.  Even at 5'1, I find these skirt flattering for my body. They're also a great alternative to a traditional pencil skirt. This beautiful skirt is from Posh in Plum. A few weeks ago, Rachel, who is the owner, reached out to me and asked me if I'd feature a few items on my blog. I was delighted to work with Rachel, who has such an amazing entrepreneurial spirt, and feature Posh in Plum on the site.

The skirt I'm wearing is great for the office, especially for those ladies who work in a less corporate environment. For someone like myself, I'd wear this with a more traditional button up shirt to the office. The black faux leather top is from previous outfits.  It's a peplum top that has been tucked into the skirt. If you're not a fan of peplum tops (at least not anymore) and you have several in your closet, repurpose the tops and tuck them into high waisted skirts...like the one I'm wearing today.

What do you think about the DvF pumps? I'm in love with these shoes. I wore them on a recent work trip to Pittsburgh. My customer meeting ended at 2:30 and my flight departed at 3:55.  I was hauling booty to the airport and it didn't give me any time to switch into my flats, so I wore these till I got home to New York. Much to my surprise, I didn't have any blisters and my feet were not sore.  What was even more impressive is that they didn't have a bunch of scratches all over the heels.

These are my official work shoes. I want them in every color! The nude heels are my next purchase. Ladies, if you're on the lookout for a great pair of pumps for the office, these are the shoes you need. They run a 1/2 size big. I'm typically a 6.5 but a 6 fits me perfectly!





Photos by Lydia Hudgens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Olivia